Hooray for Christmas, the most wonderful time of year. The glitter and the sparkle make the world seem wondrous. It's ironic how different things were for Christ when he was born. Wrapped in swaddling clothes, laid in a manger, so humble, so meek. He, with the power to create worlds, came to earth to live and die for me. I think how Mary must have felt to be mother of the Savior, to know that her little Baby would someday save us all. I imagine her coming to terms with the life her first born Son would lead-His miraculous birth, His service, His death. To know that He was sent to earth to be about His Father's work. What a choice and blessed woman Mary must have been.I think of my own family and am so grateful for the Savior for making it possible for us to be together always. I am so blessed to have the gospel of Jesus in my home. The Primary kids sang I Know that my Savior Loves Me in Sacrament meeting last week. As I was preparing to teach it, I thought it was our Christmas song. It wasn't, but the song is beautiful and makes me think of Christmas just the same.
I Know that My Savior Loves Me
A long time ago in a beautiful place,
Children were gathered ’round Jesus.
He blessed and taught as they felt of His love.
Each saw the tears on His face.
The love that He felt for His little ones
I know He feels for me.
I did not touch Him or sit on His knee,
Yet, Jesus is real to me.
Chorus
I know He lives!
I will follow faithfully.
My heart I give to Him.
I know that my Savior loves me.
Merry Christmas!
No comments:
Post a Comment