Sunday, October 10, 2010

What can happen in a month?

So I have a lot of plans for the next month. Most of that involves putting together a girl's fairytale nursery and seriously starting to potty train Jefferson. He is somewhat scared to sit on his little potty. I can get him to sit on it sometimes (and he even pees in it), but most the time when I ask him if he wants to sit in it (in between diaper changes and after bath time), he just refuses. I really didn't want to force him, but now I am thinking the best way to potty train him is just put underwear on him and let him figure it out from there. Any ideas?

I am super excited about our little one's nursery. I have painted all the wall shelves heirloom white and pretty much have found all the decorations. It's been fun to do this theme because I pretty much have been on the search for vintage items (read DI hunting) or have re-purposing items I already have. I love doing projects like these--so cheap and craft inspiring! I just need to decorate a lamp shade with glue gun rosette flowers and beads and make a three layered crib skirt. Eventually I want to find a little chandelier and braided oval rug for the room, but those things, even when found super cheap were not part of my $100 budget.

In other news, the baby is due in a month and a half and our grass is starting to fill in! Yay!

4 comments:

Morgan said...

i have a great potty training program. email me if you are interested.

Lewis Family said...

I just stopped doing diapers while at home and put her little potty in the living room since I have child locks on the bathroom because of my make-up drawer. I then just did jammies or diapers and a shirt for like a week. she did great. Lots of accidents at first but all it took was one succesful "peepee" in the toilet and lots of clapping, hoorays, and high fives after her first tinkle plus chocolate chips as a "treat" and she was hooked! She got one chocolate chip for just sitting on the potty whether she peed or not but got two if she peed. She did poops all on her own after about 2 days. I still do diapers at nap (she usually wakes up dry) and bedtime. We did it on her 2nd bday in july and it has stuck. Good luck!

Laura Savage said...

Try using a child seat designed for the toilet. Get a cool stool for him to move in front of the toilet and tell him it's for big boys. He might like it better.

Be patient. Remember that putting him on the potty and asking him to use it feels about the same to him as if someone put you in a diaper and told you to use it.

Do I sound opinionated?

Betty said...

You are so clever, Jackie! To be able to decorate a room on a $100 budget! You ought to have your own TV show about budget living!

My boys were never fully trained until about 3. They don't pick it up like girls. . .you can bribe the girls with ruffle panties like big girls!
When he's taller and stands up to the toilet you can put some cherrios in the toilet and see if he can hit them.

G:ma